Orbit IP Searching
Access is available for a fixed annual fee based on the number of users.
Find relevant patents
- The largest and most refined set of search options such as prefix, midfix, suffix, proximities, Booleans, and any more
- Consistent and sharp results count
- Bibliographic patent collections from 100+ authorities
- Full text collections from 20+ authorities
- Exclusive invention based family structure: Search across all members as a single record
- High quality English language translations: Search across all languages from a single search screen
- Key content:
- Advantages and prior art drawbacks
- Independent claims
- Normalized assignee names
- Enhanced and normalized legal status
- Normalized technical concepts
- Daily updatesfrom major patenting authorities
- All major classification systems: IPC, CPC, F-Terms, FI-Terms, USPCL
- Industry leading similarity search
Select key art
- The built-in auto-ranking displays patent families in a descending order of relevance
- Similarity ranking, resulting from a similarity search, uses best practice to present patents by descending order of similarity
- Unique invention based family structure, cuts down results lists to one record per unique invention
- Key content summaries, provide a swift review of lengthy patent text
- Legal status display & timeline; provides insight to a patent family’s legal status, ‘at a glance’
- Key Words In Context (KWIC) reviews offer efficient scanning of each term
- Normalized key technical concepts clouds highlight weighted key concepts
- High resolution mosaics of images provide a unique hitlist browsing option
- Scanning of interactive highlighted terms allows to spot proximity at a glance and go to relevant sections right away.
- Dynamic family graphs bring to light hidden complex relationship between members
- Citation graphs efficiently show and focus on the most relevant ones
- Annotate saved patent families, create an internal knowledge base:
- Attach documents
- Rank inventions
- Classify your portfolio
- Share all or sections of your archives
- Search across all stored patents, including customized meta data
- Analyze your archives using an extensive choice of parameters, including customized meta data
- Monitor your market by setting up regular alerts regarding the publication of new patent families and/or legal status updates. Alert results can feed saved foldersand be integrated into workflows allowing for distribution and collection of feedback from colleagues.
Orbit IP Business Intelligence
What do you need to do?
Other IP Business Intelligence features
- Unique normalised data source; 100+ patent authorities, unique invention based family structure, normalised assignees, enhanced legal status data.
- Lightning fast processing times; transform data sets of over 1 million patent families into graphs in seconds.
- Active data interrogation; click on any point on any graph to view the source data detail behind the big picture.
- Custom data normalisation options; create custom normalisation rules merging related companies, technologies and inventors into simple groups.
- Award winning graphical representations.
Main features from Orbit IPBI
- Visualise technological strengths
- View technology investment trends
- Identify key innovative employees
- Visualise key geographical markets
- Identify the key players
- View investment acceleration over time
- Find potential licensing partners
- Identify litigation threats
- Compare ideas with existing technology
- How do technology specialities overlap?
- Who entered the market first?
- How do investment rates in competing technology areas compare over time?
- What is the litigation landscape?
Fast visual prior art searches
- Cut down large result sets in minutes
- Visualise related key technology concepts
- Spot new search terms, concepts, classifications
- Identify co-assignment & citations trends